Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Jack London Improvement District is a community-based, creative, nimble, and publicly accountable non-profit organization.
Our mission is to create, promote and maintain an inviting environment for people who visit, live or work in the Jack London District, and build an inclusive and resilient commercial community that values the diverse history, economies, culture and people of this place. Through programs focused on beautification, safety and promotion, we foster economic vitality and quality-of-life in Oakland’s unique, historic urban waterfront community.
Position Summary The Program Coordinator’s responsibility is to support the operation of the non-profit Jack London Improvement District (the District). He/She reports directly to the Executive Director and performs a supporting role in all aspects of the operations of the district in creating, promoting, and maintaining an inviting environment for people who visit, live and work in Jack London through creative marketing, projects, partnerships, and programs.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operational and administrative support of the District in addition to coordinating marketing, streetscape improvement/placemaking projects. The primary responsibilities of the Program Coordinator will be as follows:
Financial Management Support in compliance with the regulations unique to the District’s 501(c)(3) non-profit status, Disbursement Agreement with the City of Oakland, and the Jack London Improvement District Public Trust Agreement including:
- Data entry and basic accounting
- Coordination of tax filings and year-end schedules.
Preparation for meetings and maintenance of records in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act and Oakland Sunshine Ordinance including:
- Compilation of agendas and presentation materials
- Stakeholder communications
- Accurate transcription and posting of minutes
- Management of contact information database of Jack London stakeholders including businesses, property owners, elected officials, and others as needed
- Office management including the organization of files and information; responding to correspondence; managing utilities and other building services
Project Management Support
- Project management support with attention to timeline and budgets
- Marketing and communications support, including social media updates, direct outreach, webpage content maintenance, and preparation of mailings
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for urban community development
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Prior administrative and general office experience a plus
- Experience with Gmail, QuickBooks Online, Dropbox, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds
Jack London Improvement District • 333 Broadway Oakland CA 94607 • 510.267.0858