Graduate Student Fellowships
We are currently accepting applications for the 2019 – 2020 Graduate Student Fellowships. The deadline to submit an application is June 14, 2019.
For more information contact Julie Luu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stephen Chamberlin Fellowship
The ULI Chamberlin Graduate Student Fellowship was established by Steve and Susan Chamberlin of Chamberlin Associates to invest in the next generation of land use leaders. Endowed through the ULI Foundation, the Fellowship is intended to provide the highest level of exposure to ULI for the best and brightest graduate students of design, planning and real estate at UC Berkeley.
The Fellowship is a two-year program open to second-year graduate students of the real estate disciplines at UC Berkeley. Students will be provided with opportunities to participate in ULI events and educational activities as full members, at a time when these experiences will have the greatest benefit in the formative years of their professional careers.
For further details and selection criteria, please download the 2019 Stephen Chamberlin Graduate Student Application.
Debra Stein Fellowship
In honor of her legacy, ULI San Francisco has established the Debra Stein “YIMBY” (Yes In My Back Yard) Graduate Student Fellowship to support promising young women in their pursuit of responsible land use and urban development. The Fellowship represents Debra’s ideals of education, mentoring, responsible urban development, and women’s advancement.
This fellowship is offered to female students only in an effort to increase the visibility of women in a historically male-dominated industry. Through this program, students will be provided with a passport to participate in ULI events and educational activities at a very formative point in their careers.
One female student pursuing a graduate degree in a land use-related field will be selected each year for a two-year appointment, starting in their final year of study.
If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation, please download a pledge form.
For further details and selection criteria, please download the 2019 Debra Stein Fellowship Application.
In addition to receiving the opportunity to be integrated into the vast ULI network of real estate professionals, all Fellows receive the following benefits:
- Two-year ULI Membership with all rights and privileges thereof.
- Registration to attend ULI semi-annual meetings—Spring Council Forum and the Fall Meeting (including tickets for events)—for two years.
- Registration to one ULI conference (domestic conferences only) annually for two years.
- Travel and lodging allowance to the ULI Spring Meeting, Fall Meeting and one domestic conference per year.
- Admission to a Product Council and its meetings and functions (including Council reception/dinner at the ULI Spring Meeting and Fall Meeting) for two years.
- In addition, all Fellows are assigned a mentor who will advise and guide them through ULI and the profession.