Get Involved with YLG
How Does ULI SF’s YLG Work?
ULI SF’s YLG is comprised of ULI Associate and Full Members under the age of 35. All ULI Associate and Full Members under the age of 35 are automatically considered YLG members and are welcome to join all events and programming. In addition, many ULI YLG events are open to non-ULI member attendees.
ULI SF’s YLG programming and membership is managed by the YLG Steering Committee, comprised of 40 active members, who meet regularly to design and implement YLG programming over the course of each year, set organizational priorities, and inform the long-term work of ULI SF’s YLG.
Pathways for Involvement
We are always looking for new YLG members to become active and contributing members by attending or volunteering for an event; participating in the year-long professional development programs, Development 360 or the Mentor Program; and contributing programming ideas.
- Attend Events: Anyone under 35 years old who is interested, regardless of their ULI membership status, is welcome and encouraged to attend ULI SF/YLG events (with the exception of a few events that are ULI member-only). We particularly recommend you attend some of our signature YLG events that are held throughout the year.
- Become a ULI YLG Member: Those under the age of 35 receive discounted ULI membership dues and special pricing at all ULI events. All ULI SF members under the age of 35 are automatically registered as SF YLG members.
- Volunteer: Those YLG members who are interested in giving back, making new connections, and exploring YLG leadership opportunities are encouraged to volunteer to help with YLG events. If you’re interested in volunteering for events, please contact the YLG Membership Chairs for additional information.
- Apply for a Year-long Professional Development Program: YLG’s professional development programs are the best way to dig deeper into YLG and make meaningful connections with fellow Young Leaders. Participation in either Development 360 or the Mentor Program, and ideally both sequentially over two years, are highly encouraged for those who are interested in eventual participation in the YLG Steering Committee.
- Apply for the YLG Steering Committee: YLG members who have regularly attended and volunteered to help with YLG events and who have participated in at least one year-long professional development program can apply to be considered to join the YLG Steering Committee, which accepts a class of Provisional Members each fall. Interested candidates should reach out to the YLG Membership Chairs for additional information.
- Become a Provisional Steering Committee Member: Provisional Members explore subcommittees, assist with implementing programming, and have the opportunity to evaluate whether YLG Steering Committee participation is aligned with their career development goals. Check back in for the next round of applications.
Questions? Reach out to the ULI San Francisco YLG Membership Chairs:
- Nora Collins, Senior Development Director, Avalon Bay Communities, Inc.
- Email: [email protected]
- Banke Abioye, Entitlements & Community Engagement Associate, Prologis
- Email: [email protected]