Development 360 Program
To all young, aspiring real estate developers: ULI SF is proud to announce the Development 360 Program is back for a fourth year. This professional development program runs through the academic year and supplements the YLG Mentorship Program. This program is open to all ULI members under 35.
The series consists of eight sessions, covering the real estate development process from start to finish. All of the speakers will share their experiences and best practices in lively and interactive sessions, opting for case studies and Q/A sessions over lectures. Each session will consist of 30 YLG members under the age of 35 and will be held from 5:30-7:30pm
To get the most out of your experience and learn the development profession from A to Z, attendance is mandatory for all of the sessions. There will be short, mandatory reading assignments sent the week before each class.
- September 6th: “What Makes a Good Developer?” – Phil Kerr, CEO, City Ventures Homebuilding
- October 4th: “The 1031 Exchange: Panacea or Placebo?” – John McNellis, McNellis Partners
- October 23rd: “Structuring a Deal” – John Stirek, Tramell Crow Company
- November 28th: “Capital Markets and Foreign Capital” – Alex Witt, Managing Director, Capital Markets, JLL Capital Markets
- January 16th: “Acquisitions” – Michael Cohen, Co-Founder, Strada
- February 6th: “Entitlements” – Kim Diamond, Managing Director, Trumark Urban; Alexis Pelosi, Pelosi Law Group; Anne Taupier, Project Manager, Office of Mayor London Breed (Office of Economic and Workforce Development)
- March 14th: “Design and Architecture” – Jeff Brink, Principal, DCI Engineers; Terry Meurk and Guion Childress, Woods Baggot
- April 25th: “Construction” – Ryan Pine, Project Executive, Suffolk Construction
- May 23rd: “Marketing and Disposition” – Matt Felt and Miles Garber, Polaris Pacific
All Development 360 classes will be held at the San Francisco offices of Orrick, who has generously donated space and refreshments for the 2018-2019 Development 360 class. Thank you, Orrick for hosting us a second consecutive year!
Applications for the 2018-2019 program are closed.
Participation in the 2018-19 Development 360 Program costs $125 for private sector YLG members and $100 for public and non-profit sector YLG members.
Pamela Salas Nieting