The 2023 Housing the Bay Summit is sold out! The waitlist is closed and there will be no onsite registration.
See who will be at the Summit here.
The time to create more housing for more people at all income levels is now. Housing the Bay 2023 is an opportunity to reflect on this moment in time, rethink our strategies, and work to get more housing built in the region. This year’s theme and content will do just that as we Reflect, Recalibrate, and Build towards a more inclusive and equitable Bay Area that has more housing for all.
Over the last six years, Housing the Bay has examined the drivers of our housing crisis, highlighted public and private sector solutions, and elevated the voices of a broad range of people from across our industry and across North America. This year, we will continue to bring you inspiring ideas and new strategies for generating more housing supply and increasing housing affordability, with a clear-eyed focus on what we can learn from the last few years, how we can do things differently and better, and how we can get more units built in the coming years.
Join us for the Housing the Bay Summit 2023 on May 4 for a half-day of exciting speakers, invigorating discussions, new ideas, and tangible actions that can make a real difference on housing in the Bay Area.
Bring your mind, your energy, and your commitment to building the Bay Area that we need and deserve to what is certain to be the Bay Area housing event of the year.
- 12:45-1:15 PM: Registration + Networking
- 1:15-1:20 PM: Welcome + Opening Remarks
- 1:20-2:05 PM: Why Here? Making the Bay Area a Vibrant Place to Call Home, Again.
- 2:05-2:50 PM: Oakland + San Jose = New Mayors for Housing
- 2:50-3:20 PM: Networking Break
- 3:20-4:05 PM: A Path Forward for Housing: Can YIMBYs, NIMBYs, and State and Local Governments Work Together?
- 4:05-4:50 PM: BUILD!
- 4:50-5:00 PM: Closing Remarks
- 5:00-6:00 PM: Reception
Speakers (bios available here):
- Dan Adams, Senior Advisor for Housing Initiatives, Office of Mayor London Breed, City and County of San Francisco
- Kelly Alcaraz, Director of Transactions, Blackrock
- Fred Blackwell, CEO, San Francisco Foundation
- Swathi Bonda, Senior Vice President, Development, Lendlease
- Xiomara Cisneros, Manager, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
- Laura Crescimano, Co-Founder and Principal, SiteLab
- Laura Foote, Executive Director and Board Member, YIMBY Action
- Yusef Freeman, Partner, Vistria Group
- Russell Hancock, President and CEO, Joint Venture Silicon Valley
- Kate Hartley, Director, Bay Area Housing Finance Authority
- Meea Kang, Senior Vice President, Development, Related
- Mayor Matt Mahan, City of San Jose
- Louis Mirante, Vice President of Public Policy, Bay Area Council
- David Pai, Supervising Deputy Attorney General, California Department of Justice
- Natalie Sandoval, Executive Director, ULI San Francisco
- Scott Shafer, Contributor, KQED
- Riaz Taplin, Founder and CEO, Riaz Capital
- Mayor Sheng Thao, City of Oakland
- Ahmad Thomas, CEO, Silicon Valley Leadership Group
- Courtney Welch, Vice Mayor, City of Emeryville
- David Zisser, Assistant Deputy Director for Local Government Relations and Accountability, California Department of Housing and Community Development
Public Sector Group Registration
Become an official Public Agency Supporter of ULI SF’s Housing the Bay Initiative! Tickets, per attendee, will be $129 for 5-9 registrants and $99 for 10+ attendees, as well as your Agency’s recognition and branding on the Housing the Bay website and Summit materials.
Sponsorship of ULI San Francisco’s Housing the Bay supports this vital initiative. From complimentary tickets to brand exposure, there are a range of great benefits at every sponsorship level.
To discuss ULI SF Housing the Bay sponsorship opportunities, please contact:
Natalie Sandoval, Executive Director
Thank you to our Housing the Bay Summit 2023 Sponsors!
Public Agency Supporters
City of Fremont
City of Oakland
City of San Francisco Planning Department
City of San Francisco Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development
City of San José
The health and safety of our members, staff, and event attendees remains a priority of ULI SF. We ask that you please take precautions and/or refrain from attending our events if you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or are feeling ill prior to the event. You are welcome to mask at your discretion. ULI SF may require that attendees comply with additional COVID-19 procedures of the event venue and local health authorities and may update its policies from time-to-time if circumstances require.
ULI reserves the right to capture and broadcast digital media content in the form of photographs, audio, and video during this Program. By participating in this program, you hereby grant permission to ULI and its representatives to photograph and/or record you during the in-person and virtual events for this program, and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise globally disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval or payment.