Treasure Island and Yerba Buena Island sit in the heart of the San Francisco Bay –on the site of a former naval station. A sustainable, forward-thinking metropolis, this exciting new San Francisco community will be comprised of two distinct and vibrant neighborhoods with up to 8,000 homes (single-family townhomes to mid-rise and high-rise towers, including 27% designated as affordable housing), three hotels, mixed-use space for retail and commercial ventures as well as vast stretches of public parks and open spaces with walking and bike trails.
In the final part of this two-part series, we’ll focus on Treasure Island: a generational waterfront mixed-use community offering modern urban amenities and unparalleled views of the San Francisco skyline. Various stakeholders will lead a walking tour north along the western waterfront and discuss the history of the project, design and sustainability considerations, the new ferry terminal, and the status of current and future development. The session will end with a hosted happy hour at Mersea
, on the island and one of the best new restaurants from the executive chef at Waterbar and Epic Steakhouse. Don’t miss out!
Schedule and Speakers:
- 3:00-3:15: Registration & networking
- 3:15-3:35: Stop 1 - Overview & Infrastructure - Levi Conover, Treasure Island Development Group & Bruce Ganong, JLL
- 3:35-3:50: Stop 2 – Ferry Landing/ Water Tanks – Robert Mokry, Lennar Mare Island
- 3:50-4:05: Stop 3 – Parks – Magdalena Myszka, Treasure Island Development Group
- 4:05-4:20: Stop 4 – Tidal House, Apartments - Brian Caruso, Wilson Meany
- 4:20-4:35: Stop 5 – Maceo May, Affordable – Sherry Williams, One Treasure Island
- 4:35-4:50: Stop 6 – Portico, Condos – Danielle Butler, Treasure Island Development Group & Bruce Ganong JLL
- 4:50-5:05: Stop 7 – C3.4 – Vivian Lee, Edmonds + Lee Architects
- 5:05-6:00: Stop 8 – Hosted Happy Hour at Mersea
A warm thank you to Wilson Meany for hosting this happy hour and to Sean Whitfield and Pam Salas Nieting for organizing this event!
This event requires all attendees to be fully vaccinated. Please be prepared to provide proof of vaccination. Attendees must follow rules and procedures set by the local municipalities and the venue(s). By registering for this event, you're agreeing to the following waiver and release: I understand that my participation in the Event involves a certain degree of risk of loss, harm or injury to my person or property, including, but not limited to, harm from contracting COVID-19 or other viruses, acts of God, theft, fire or accident. I also understand that participation in this Event is entirely voluntary and requires attendees to abide by any applicable rules of conduct or local or state laws that may be announced at any time during the Event, which may include wearing personal protective gear and engaging in social distancing. While ULI is the sponsor of this Event and takes commercially reasonable steps to require the Event facility to maintain the venue in a safe and healthy condition, I understand and acknowledge that ULI has no direct control over and is not responsible for the acts or omissions of the facility or others involved in producing this event. I have carefully considered the risk involved and waive and release ULI and all its officers, directors, employees, staff, volunteers, faculty and affiliates from any and all claims, damages, injuries, or expenses that I may incur from my participation in this Event.