Housing the Bay Summit
Register now for ULI San Francisco’s one-day Housing the Bay Summit on March 23rd, 2018! Join hundreds of industry leaders as we explore potential solutions to the housing supply and affordability crisis in the Bay Area.
Since early 2017, ULI SF has been working on its Housing the Bay initiative with industry leaders and partner organizations from around the Bay Area. Through working groups, convenings, and interactive educational programs, we have been bringing the brightest minds together to foster solutions to our region’s housing crisis.
On March 23rd, Summit panels and presentations will focus on innovative solutions in the realms of financing, construction costs, policy, and the public process. Speakers from around North America will engage in conversations on lessons learned, successful case studies, and best practices with local Bay Area leaders.
Audience members will be asked to take part in the conversations during interactive discussions at the lunch break, during Q&A, and over drinks at the reception after the Summit.
Following the Summit there will be more opportunities to get involved as we move forward with proposals for action to ensure that more people in the Bay Area have homes they can afford.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
See full speaker bios here
- Doug Abbey, Chairman, Swift Real Estate Partners
- Antwi Akom, Professor & Founding Director UCSF & SFSU, Social Innovation and Urban Opportunity Lab, CEO & Co-founder of Streetwyze
- Jonathan Asmis, Co-Founder, Landed
- Kofi Bonner, Regional President Northern California, FivePoint
- Catherine Bracy, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Tech Equity Collaborative
- Gloria Bruce, Executive Director, East Bay Housing Organizations
- David Chiu, California State Assembly
- Laura Foote Clark, Executive Director, YIMBY Action
- Alex Clemens, Founding Partner and Managing Member, Lighthouse Public Affairs
- Kim-Mai Cutler, Operating Partner, Initialized Capital
- Laura Fingal-Surma, Co-Founder and Community Organizer, Progress Noe Valley
- Rebecca Foster, Executive Director, San Francisco Housing Accelerator Fund
- Michelle Frey, Executive Director, ULI SF
- David Garcia, Policy Director, Terner Center for Housing Innovation, UC Berkeley
- Michael Ghielmetti, Founder and President, Signature Development Group
- William A. Gilchrist, Planning Director, Oakland Planning Department
- Vicki Granowitz, City of San Diego Planning Commission
- Heather Hood, Deputy Director Northern CA, Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
- Rosalynn Hughey, Acting Director, City of San Jose Department of Planning
- Laura Kaminski, Planner III, Strategic Planning, City of Oakland
- Sam Liccardo, Mayor of San Jose
- Linda Mandolini, President, Eden Housing
- Adhi Nagraj, San Francisco Director, SPUR, Chair of Oakland Planning Commission
- Amy Neches, Partner, TMG Partners
- Diane Olmstead,Managing Partner, Haring Street Ventures
- Denise Pinkston, Partner, TMG Partners
- John Rahaim, Planning Director, San Francisco Planning Department
- Andrea Reimer, Vancouver City Council
- Elizabeth Libby Seifel, Owner, Seifel Consulting
- David Steinwedell, CEO, Affordable Central Texas
- Eric Tao, President and CEO, AGI
- Bill Witte, CEO & Chairman, Related California
7:30-8:15 am: Registration/Coffee/Networking
8:15-10:00 am: Morning Programming
10:00-10:30 am: Coffee & Networking
10:30-12:00 pm: Morning Programming cont.
12:00-1:30 pm: Lunch/Interactive Discussion Tables/Networking
1:30-3:00 pm: Afternoon Programming
3:00-3:30 pm: Coffee & Networking
3:30-5:00 pm: Afternoon Programming cont.
Online registration is now closed. We will be accepting on-site registration on the morning of the event on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Please note that there will be a $50 on-site registration fee.
Housing the Bay sponsors receive a number of benefits including their company logo and link on all Housing the Bay related emails and marketing as well as displayed at all Housing the Bay lead-up events. To-date, nearly 600 people have already attended Housing the Bay events in the lead-up to the March 23rd Housing the Bay Summit.
Visit our Housing the Bay sponsorship page to learn more about Housing the Bay sponsorship opportunities and benefits.
Learn more about Summit sponsorship opportunities!
Thank you to our Major Sponsor:
Thank you to our Summit Sponsors:
Thank you to our Summit Supporters:
Holland & Knight
Sand Hill Property Company
Thank you to our Summit Partners: