Get an In for an Internship: 2019 Internships & Careers in Real Estate
Have you seen the Salesforce tower or one of the many cranes around town? Or maybe you have been in a new net zero energy space? We are surrounded by real estate and you can be a part of it. There are careers working for a developer, an architect, various consultants, a general contractor, a marketing firm, a private equity firm, a sustainability firm, and even a bank – real estate is all around us and it takes many pieces to bring it all together.
What background is needed? Most undergraduate programs may have a class on real estate finance, but there are not many programs dedicated to the real estate industry. No matter what background – finance, psychology, sustainability, English literature, engineering, history, communications or others – there is a skill set you have that can be applied to a career in real estate.
Come join ULI San Francisco’s Women’s Leadership Initiative to connect with women of all ages, experiences, and alma maters to learn about a vast selection of real estate careers and how it could be one of success and satisfaction for YOU!
You will have the opportunity to hear from a panel of women who have spent most, if not all, of their careers in the real estate field. Then join in roundtable talks for a more intimate conversation with women about their jobs and how they got to where they are.
Snacks and refreshments will be provided. Hope to see you there and bring a friend or classmate with you!
If you attend, you are guaranteed an informational interview for a potential internship for the summer of 2019. Participating companies include:
- Wells Fargo
- Northwestern Mutual Real Estate
- Crosspoint Realty
- Burr Pilger Mayer
- Presidio Bank
- Colliers International
- Northmarq, and more!
- Carolyn Powell, PCCP, Managing Director / Senior Vice President
- Taylor Shepard, CBRE, Associate Director / Senior Consultant
- Kathleen Burgi-Sandell, James Campbell Company LLC, Vice President / Regional Manager
- Cascade Zak, TMG Partners, Associate
- Courtney Jones, Crosspoint Realty Services, Principal
- Chinar Starck, Wells Fargo, Senior Vice President
- Heather Meyerdirk, Divco West, Managing Director, Head of Investor Relations
- Tawni Sullivan, CBRE, Associate Managing Director, Asset Services
- Nevena Vujic, Prudential, Vice President, Acquisitions
- Lilly Kazeminia, Prologis, Manager Value Added Investments
- Kerriann McDermott, Webcor, Project Director
- Helen Moulis, Burr Pilger Mayer, Tax Director
5:15-5:30 PM Registration and networking
5:30-6:00 PM Welcome, speaker intros, panel presentation, Q&A
6:00-7:00 PM Roundtable rotations
7:00-7:30 PM Closing comments and networking
Undergraduate students: $15*
This event is intended for undergraduate women students interested in learning more about real estate and land use careers. Please note that you must register online to guarantee your spot. You will not be guaranteed a spot if you show up at the door.
* Upon arrival to the event, you will receive a $15 Amazon gift card if you preregistered.
* This is a semi-private event and is closed to press.
* Registration closes on 10/16.
* Refunds can be made up to 48 hours in advance.