ULI SF is looking for a talented candidate to fill a positions within our team. Please see below and apply through the links provided.
As a part of the district council team, the Associate serves as a liaison among ULI headquarters, district council staff, ULI San Francisco members, and ULI San Francisco sponsor firms. The Associate is often the first point of contact for the organization, so it is imperative that she or he be courteous and professional. Strong candidates for this position will be highly organized, detail-oriented, obsessed with accuracy, effective multitaskers, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.We are currently working remotely and plan to resume in-person, outdoor events in September (other events will continue to be held virtually). Attendance in person at our office and at events will be required at that time.
The Associate is tasked with supporting the Executive Director and district council staff in administrative support, committee coordination, event execution, district council finances, and sponsorship.
Administrative, Communications, and Operations Support
The Associate works closely with the Executive Director (ED) and district council staff to ensure smooth operations of the district council, including the following activities:
1. Managing and responding to phone/email inquiries from the main ULI San Francisco phone line and inbox.
2. Coordinating weekly staff meeting.
3. Updating internal program and events calendar.
4. Updating ULI SF website as needed.
5. Using ULI database and reporting software to produce reports for the ED and other staff as needed.
6. Assisting the Executive Director in producing meeting materials for the Executive Board and other key meetings.
7. Maintaining and ordering office supplies.
8. Coordinating with remote ULI IT staff and IT contractors to troubleshoot and resolve IT issues.
9. Creating email newsletters, e-blasts, blog posts, and the district council annual impact report.
10. Updating ULI SF website and posting to social media accounts.2. General Committee
Coordination and Event Support
Support member committees in the development and implementation of topical industry, thought leadership, and professional development content. Tasks include:
1. Coordinating various committee meetings including scheduling, preparing agendas, and taking meeting minutes.
2. Assisting committees in producing and implementing events and programs.
3. Preparing committee budget templates and tracking program budgets.
4. For in-person events, formatting and printing on-site registration forms, badges, and other materials for events.
5. For virtual events, coordinating all aspects of Zoom meetings and webinars.
6. Assisting in event setup, execution, and breakdown as needed.
7. Assisting the Executive Director and team with event and meeting planning and logistics.
Young Leaders Group (YLG)
The Associate will coordinate ULI SF’s Young Leaders Group (YLG), which is all ULI SF members under the age of 35 (which accounts for over 25 percent of ULI SF’s total membership). Responsibilities include:
• Coordinate YLG Steering Committee (and subcommittees), which hold meetings and execute a variety of events, programs, and initiatives throughout the year.
• Attending all committee meetings and events and handling logistics before, during, and after each event (note: some evening events required).
• Implementing Young Leaders professional development programs, such as the Young Leaders Mentorship program and Development 360.
Finance and Sponsorship
The Associate manages accounts receivable (A/R) and accounts payable (A/P) for the district council office. Tasks include:1. Working closely with remote ULI finance team to ensure timely payment of monthly bills, vendor invoices, and reimbursements.
2. Working closely with the Executive Director and Treasurer to track monthly financial performance and resolve accounting issues.
3. Producing contracts for vendors and contractors.
4. Supporting Executive Director in annual and Housing the Bay sponsorship efforts.
• 2-5 years of related experience.
• Prior experience in program or event planning desired.
• Demonstrated interest in land use and urban development preferred.
• Familiarity with Bay Area real estate and land use industry a plus.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities concurrently with responsible follow- through.
• Excellent professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with business and public-sector executives.
• Self-motivated, demonstrating meticulous attention to both details and deadlines.
• Fluent/proficient computer skills and strong aptitude with computer software for applications in word processing (Microsoft Office), spreadsheets (Excel), and social media are required. Design skills (Adobe Creative Suite) and website software (WordPress and basic HTML) a bonus.
• Ability to attend ULI events (in the early morning or evening) throughout the region.
• Ability to attend early-morning and late-afternoon/early-evening events.
• Ability to lift 30 pounds is required.
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
To apply, please follow the link below. Please submit a résumé and a cover letter describing your interest in and suitability for the role. This position will start in July 2021.ULI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=76dd43dd- 5757-401e-9ef5-
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.