ULI SF is looking for a talented candidate to fill a positions within our team. Please see below and apply through the links provided.
As a part of the district council team, the Associate serves as a liaison among ULI headquarters, district council staff, ULI San Francisco members, and ULI San Francisco sponsor firms. The Associate is often the first point of contact for the organization, so it is imperative that she or he be courteous and professional. Strong candidates for this position will be highly organized, detail-oriented, obsessed with accuracy, effective multitaskers, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
We are currently working remotely and plan to resume in-person, outdoor events in September (other events will continue to be held virtually). Attendance in person at our office and at events will be required at that time.
The Associate is tasked with supporting the Executive Director and district council staff in administrative support, committee coordination, event execution, district council finances, and sponsorship.
1. Administrative Support/Operations Support
The Associate works closely with the Executive Director (ED) and district council staff to ensure smooth operations of the district council, including the following activities:
- Managing and responding to phone/email inquiries from the main ULI San Francisco phone line and inbox.
- Coordinating weekly staff meeting.
- Updating internal program and events calendar.
- Updating ULI SF website as needed.
- Using ULI database and reporting software to produce reports for the ED and other staff as needed.
- Onboarding new staff members.
- Assisting the Executive Director in producing reports and meeting materials for the Executive Board and Sponsorship Committee.
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies and furniture.
- Coordinating with remote ULI IT staff and IT contractors to troubleshoot and resolve IT issues.
- Ordering catering for committee meetings.
- Setting up and breaking down catering in meeting rooms.
2. Committee Coordination
Support member committees in the development and implementation of topical industry, thought leadership, and professional development content. Tasks include:
- Coordinating committee meetings including correspondence, scheduling, preparing agendas, taking meeting minutes, and catering.
- Assisting programs-based committees in producing and implementing events and programs.
- Collaborating with committee co-chairs to ensure timely implementation of committee work plans.
- Assisting committee co-chairs in committee governance and operations.
- Preparing committee budget templates and tracking program budgets.
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of ULI’s Local Product Councils.
3. Event Execution
ULI San Francisco’s member-driven committees produce over 60 programs per year which are supported by ULI staff, including the Associate. Tasks include:
- Providing registration support for district council events.
- For in-person events, formatting and printing on-site registration forms, badges, tent cards, and other printed materials for events.
- Assisting in event setup, execution, and breakdown as needed.
- Planning and executing ULI SF’s Fall Meeting Reception and annual Sponsor Luncheon.
- Assisting the Executive Director with event and meeting planning and logistics.
The Associate manages accounts receivable (A/R) and accounts payable (A/P) for the district council office. Tasks include:
- Working closely with remote ULI finance team to ensure timely payment of monthly bills, vendor invoices, and reimbursements.
- Invoicing and tracking sponsorship payments.
- Working closely with the Executive Director and Treasurer to monitor monthly financial performance and resolve accounting issues.
- Assisting in annual budget development and reconciliation.
- Producing contracts for vendors and contractors.
The Associate will work closely with the Executive Director and Sponsorship Committee to execute the annual sponsorship campaign and Housing the Bay sponsorship campaigns. Tasks include:
- Mail-merging and mailing out sponsorship materials to prospective sponsors.
- Invoicing and tracking payment of pledged sponsorship.
- Managing and tracking sponsor benefits such as complimentary memberships and event passes.
- Coordinating logistics for annual sponsor appreciation luncheon.
- Producing reports for the Executive Director and Sponsorship Committee as needed.
- 2-4 years of related experience.
- Prior experience in program or event planning desired.
- Demonstrated interest in land use and urban development preferred.
- Familiarity with Bay Area real estate and land use industry a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities concurrently with responsible follow-through.
- Excellent professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with business and public-sector executives.
- Self-motivated, demonstrating meticulous attention to both details and deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required.
- Knowledge of and competency with Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress a plus.
- Ability to attend frequent ULI events (in the early morning or evening) throughout the region, and travel to one to two national meetings per year is required.
- Ability to attend early-morning and late-afternoon/early-evening events.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
To apply, please follow this link. Please submit a résumé and a cover letter describing your interest in and suitability for the role. This position will start in July 2021.
ULI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.